Am I Allowed To Assign Each Dinner Party Guest A Particular Cupcake Ahead Of Time?

GOOD QUESTIONMy significant other and I were invited to a dinner hosted by another couple, with a third couple also in attendance. We were asked to bring dessert, so we brought a large selection of cupcakes.
My SO and I put a lot of effort into picking out flavors for each guest rather than opting for a random assortment, and we were looking forward to doling them out after dinner.
The hosts' neighbors dropped by unexpectedly before dinner and were asked to stay. I felt slightly annoyed that our deliberate cupcake selection would be thrown off, but it hardly mattered when I realized that the host had already allowed each of his two kids to help themselves to a cupcake.
Was I justified in feeling annoyed by my dessert being distributed not as I'd thoughtfully intended, or was it considered the hosts' right to do with it what they pleased?
Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.